- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology
- Volume 49, Issue 4
f Phylogenetic evidence for reclassification of Calymmatobacterium granulomatis as Klebsiella granulomatis comb. nov.
- Authors: Jenny S. Carter, Francis J. Bowden, Ivan Bastian, Garry M. Myers, K. S. Sriprakash, David J. Kemp
- Author for correspondence: David J. Kemp. Tel: +618 8922 8412. Fax: +618 8927 5187. e-mail: email@example.com
- Int J Syst Evol Microbiol, October 1999 49: 1695-1700, doi: 10.1099/00207713-49-4-1695
- Subject: New Taxa - Proteobacteria
- Published Online:
By sequencing a total of 2089 bp of the 16S rRNA and phoE genes it was demonstrated that Calymmatobacterium granulomatis (the causative organism of donovanosis) shows a high level of identity with Klebsiella species pathogenic to humans (Klebsiella pneumoniae, Klebsiella rhinoscleromatis). It is proposed that C. granulomatis should be reclassified as Klebsiella granulomatis comb. nov. An emended description of the genus Klebsiella is given.
© 1999 International Union of of Microbiological Societies | Published by the International Union of Microbiological Societies
Full text loading...
Author and Article Information
Figure data loading....