- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology
- Volume 49, Issue 1
f Reclassification of Brevibacterium incertum (Breed 1953) as Desemzia incerta gen. nov., comb. nov.
- Authors: Erko Stackebrandt, Peter Schumann, Jolantha Swiderski, Norbert Weiss
- Author for correspondence: Erko Stackebrandt. Tel: +49 531 2616 352. Fax: +49 531 2616418. e-mail: email@example.com
- Int J Syst Evol Microbiol, January 1999 49: 185-188, doi: 10.1099/00207713-49-1-185
- Subject: New Taxa - Gram-Positive Bacteria
- Published Online:
Phylogenetic analysis of 16S rDNA indicates that Brevibacterium incertum is not a member of the genus Brevibacterium but related to species of the genus Carnobacterium. Hence, Brevibacterium incertum is not a member of the class Acrinobactena but belongs to the phylogenetically defined broad Bacillus-Lactobacillus cluster. Based upon properties that taxonomically clearly distinguishes Brevibacterium incertum from species of the phylogenetic sister genus Carnobacterium, Brevibacterium incertum is reclassified as Desemzia incerta gen. nov., comb. nov.
The EMBL accession numbers for the sequences reported in this paper are Y17300--17302
© 1999, International Union of Microbiological Societies | Published by the International Union of Microbiological Societies
Full text loading...
Author and Article Information
Figure data loading....