- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology
- Volume 48, Issue 4
f The yeast genus Starmerella gen. nov. and Starmerella bombicola sp. nov., the teleomorph of Candida bombicola (Spencer, Gorin & Tullock) Meyer & Yarrow
- Authors: CARLOS A. ROSA, MARC-ANDRÉ LACHANCE3
- 3Tel: + 1 519 661 3752. Fax: + 1 519 661 3935. e-mail: lachance@Julian.uwo.ca
- Int J Syst Evol Microbiol, October 1998 48: 1413-1417, doi: 10.1099/00207713-48-4-1413
- Subject: Systematics Of Yeasts
- Published Online:
Seven strains of a heterothallic haploid yeast species were isolated from flowers of Calystegia sepium (hedge bindweed, Convolvulaceae) and associated sap beetles of the genus Conotelus. Conjugation was observed between some of the isolates and the type strain of Candida bombicola, resulting in evanescent asci with one ascospore with a convoluted surface. The sequences of the D1/D2 variable domain of the large subunit of the rDNAs of three strains differed by only one or two bases from that of the type strain. The new genus Starmerella, with the single species Starmerella bombicola. is proposed to accommodate the teleomorph of C. bombicola. The designated isotype is strain UWO(PS)97–1181(h-; CBS 84511).
Copyright © 1998 International Union of Microbiological Societies | Published by the International Union of Microbiological Societies
Full text loading...
Author and Article Information
Figure data loading....