- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology
- Volume 48, Issue 3
f A new genus of the order Actinomycetales, Cryptosporangium gen. nov., with descriptions of Cryptosporangium arvum sp. nov. and Cryptosporangium japonicum sp. nov.
- Authors: Tomohiko Tamura, Masayuki Hayakawa, Kazunori Hatano
- Author for correspondence: Tomohiko Tamura. Tel: +81 6 300 6555. Fax: +81 6 300 6814. e-mail: email@example.com
- Int J Syst Evol Microbiol, July 1998 48: 995-1005, doi: 10.1099/00207713-48-3-995
- Subject: Systematic Bacteriology
- Published Online:
Four strains that form sporangia with motile sporangiospores and mycelia were isolated from soil samples. Their many sporangia were covered by mycelia. They had glutamic acid, glycine, alanine and meso-diaminopimelic acid as cell wall amino acids (wall chemotype II), acofriose (3-O-methylrhamnose) as a characteristic whole-cell sugar, and menaquinone 9(H6). The taxonomic characteristics of these strains differ from those of the previously described motile actinomycetes. On the basis of the morphological, physiological, chemotaxonomic and phylogenetic analyses, a new genus is proposed, Cryptosporangium, and two new species, Cryptosporangium arvum sp. nov. (type strain IFO 15965T) for strain YU 629–21Tand Cryptosporangium japonicum sp. nov. (type strain IFO 15966T) for strains YU 636–3T, YU 655–31 and YU 656–31.
The GenBank/EMBL/DDBJ accession numbers for the sequences in this paper are listed in Table 1.
- Keyword(s): 16S rRNA, Cryptosporangium japonicum sp. nov., Cryptosporangium gen. nov., suborder Frankineae, Cryptosporangium arvum sp. nov.
© 1998, International Union of Microbiological Societies | Published by the International Union of Microbiological Societies
Full text loading...
Author and Article Information
Figure data loading....