- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology
- Volume 48, Issue 1
- Authors: Paul J. Brett, David DeShazer, Donald E. Woods
- Author for correspondence: Donald E. Woods. Tel: +1 403 220 2564. Fax: +1 403 283 5241. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Int J Syst Evol Microbiol, January 1998 48: 317-320, doi: 10.1099/00207713-48-1-317
- Subject: Systematic Bacteriology
- Published Online:
The presence of a Burkholderia pseudomallei-like species based upon the significant genotypic and phenotypic dissimilarities exhibited between these organisms and true B. pseudomallei strains has been reported previously. In this study, a comprehensive 16S rDNA-based phylogenetic analysis further supports the existence of this newly described Burkholderia species for which the name Burkholderia thailandensis sp. nov. is proposed.
The GenBank accession numbers for the sequences reported in this paper are U91838 (B. thailandensis E264) and U91839 (B. pseudomallei 1026b).
© 1998, International Union of Microbiological Societies | Published by the International Union of Microbiological Societies
Full text loading...
Author and Article Information
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-48-1-317dcterms_title,dcterms_subject,pub_serialTitlepub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost64
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-48-1-317dcterms_title,dcterms_subject-pub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost64
Figure data loading....