- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology
- Volume 47, Issue 2
f The Phylogeny of the Genera Chryseomonas, Flavimonas, and Pseudomonas Supports Synonymy of These Three Genera
- Authors: YOJIRO ANZAI*, YUKO KUDO, HIROSHI OYAIZU
- * Corresponding author. Mailing address: Nippon Roche Research Center, 200 Kajiwara, Kamakura, Kanagawa 247, Japan. Phone: 81-467-47-6773. Fax: 81-467-46-5320. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Int J Syst Evol Microbiol, April 1997 47: 249-251, doi: 10.1099/00207713-47-2-249
- Subject: Original Papers Relating To Systematic Bacteriology
- Published Online:
The 16S rRNA sequences of Chryseomonas luteola, the type species of the genus Chryseomonas, and Flavimonas oryzihabitans, the type species of the genus Flavimonas, were determined. These sequences were compared with the sequences of 27 representative strains of the genus Pseudomonas. C. luteola and F. oryzihabitans were located in the cluster that contains Pseudomonas aeruginosa, the type species of genus Pseudomonas Migula 1894, and the levels of 16S rRNA sequence homology between P. aeruginosa and the other two species were more than 93.9%. All of the strains of the genus Pseudomonas sensu stricto whose sequences have been determined were included in the P. aeruginosa cluster. These results suggested that Chryseomonas, Flavimonas, and Pseudomonas are synonymous, and we concluded that Chryseomonas and Flavimonas are junior subjective synonyms of Pseudomonas.
Copyright © 1997 International Union of Microbiological Societies | Published by the International Union of Microbiological Societies
Full text loading...
Author and Article Information
Figure data loading....