- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology
- Volume 28, Issue 3
f Alcaligenes latus, a New Species of Hydrogen-Utilizing Bacteria
- Authors: NORBERTO J. PALLERONI, ALICIA V. PALLERONI†
- Address reprint requests to: Dr. Norberto J. Palleroni, Department of Chemical Research, Hoffman-La Roche, Inc., Nutley, NJ 07110.
- Int J Syst Evol Microbiol, July 1978 28: 416-424, doi: 10.1099/00207713-28-3-416
- Subject: Original Papers Relating To Systematic Bacteriology
- Published Online:
Three strains of hydrogen-utilizing bacteria were found to constitute a new species which we propose to assign to the genus Alcaligenes with the name Alcaligenes latus sp. nov. The phenotypic properties of this species are described, and a minor modification of the definition of Alcaligenes is proposed. The type strain is A. latus strain H-4 (=ATCC 29712).
Present address: Hoffmann-LaRoche Inc., Nutley, NJ 07110.
Copyright © 1978 International Association of Microbiological Societies | Published by the International Union of Microbiological Societies
Full text loading...
Author and Article Information
Figure data loading....